Thursday, August 6, 2009

MY MEDICAL PROBLEMS

It can be said that, the Doctors are representatives of God as they are saving thousands of life from ailments. There is a special bond between patients and the Doctors which can be said, close to a divine relation ship. But we go to Doctors only when we are sick. Some times Doctors fail to diagnose and the patients are put into great risks. I would like to mention here my own medical experiences.
I had severe chest pain in 1990. I rushed to the General Hospital Neyveli. At the hospital my blood pressure was checked and ECG was taken. The blood pressure was 200/120 and no abnormality was found in the ECG.I was an inpatient for three days. In fact it was my first heart attack (later in Chennai when I had a second heart attack, the ECG indicated an earlier heart attack) and the Doctors in the General Hospital could not find the actual reason for the chest pain. NLC did not have an Eco cardiograph..It is unfortunate that the general Hospital of a big public sector organization like NLC did not have a cardiologist.
At Chennai in 1996 I had a second heart attack. I had a bypass heart surgery on 3rd May 1996, in a well known city hospital. Around 10.30 pm after the surgery on the same day my pressure came down needing more volume of blood. At 11 pm around 700ml of blood was drained and pressure was going down. Suspecting of surgical bleeding at 11.30pm, I was taken to the operation theatre by the night shift duty doctor. My chest was opened again for further investigations.
The pericardium cavity was full of blood. The chest was filled with blood and clots around one liter. The distal anatomises of the OM graft was found to be bleeding a little away from the toe. After evacuating all the clots and blood, the sutures were redone. After that the post operative period was smooth. The bleeding occurred due to poor suturing done by the surgeons. Any one can imagine the stress and tension, that my family members had undergone due to criminal negligence by the doctors. Still we need the doctors We have to go to them for treatments. We thank the doctor and his small team in the night duty for their timely action ,that saved my life.

No comments: